Brunton Compro Pocket Transit - Quadrant (0-90)
With a body made of composite materials, this Transit Compass is a lighter, more affordable alternative. It incorporates a cast NdFeB rare-earth magnet, precisely balanced on a sapphire bearing, resulting in a powerful magnet, which quickly seeks magnetic north and permits faster readings.
Brunton is committed to making the most reliable and accurate navigation instruments on the planet. As durable precision instruments that undergo constant and often rigorous use in the field, in order to maintain their accuracy and integrity, they simply need to be fixed up from time to time; just as you would tune your car or bike. Brunton offers full repair and refurbishment facilities for most models. We appreciate your kind understanding.
- Single NdFeB magnet resists demagnetization better than other types of magnets for increased reliability
- Vertical angle measurements to +/- 90?or 100% grades
- A percent grade sale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustments allows for east or west declination settings to +/- 180?/li>
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Composite body material has less thermal retention
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- O-rings make the ComPro waterproof for increased reliability
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.2" x 2.8" x 1.3"
- Weight: 5.7 oz
No matter wherever, whenever or however you use a Brunton Product, if you break it, we'll fix or replace it. So treat every product like it's indestructible because, as far as YOU are concerned, it is.
At Brunton, our passion for the outdoors is carried over into our daily tasks and is easily recognized through the innovative and professional grade products we bring to the market. We offer an opportunity to work with a diverse and creative team who appreciate the outdoor culture.
WHAT MATTERED THEN, MATTERS NOW.
In 1894, D.W. Brunton created the Pocket Transit: a compact, precision compass that freed outdoorsmen from the bulky equipment of the time, and set the course we still follow: never accept, never settle. Our home and headquarters in Riverton, Wyoming, at the foot of the Wind River range, is both inspiration and proving ground for products created to that creed, made for those who overcome and achieve. The drive to excel changed everything back in 1894; it matters more today.