Brunton Conventional Pocket Transit - Azimuth (0-360)
A more traditional design, the Conventional Brunton uses Alnico II magnets and a "V" cut sapphire jewel bearing for smooth movement. Conventional suspension offers premium performance when used the needle is properly balanced. Because the body is die cast aluminum, the Conventional Brunton is both accurate and durable.
Brunton is committed to making the most reliable and accurate navigation instruments on the planet. Because these tools endure rigorous field conditions, they need to be recalibrated on occasion. Brunton offers full repair service for most models. We appreciate your kind understanding.
- Alnico II magnets for accurate readings
- Induction dampened needle settles quickly
- Vertical angle measurements to +/-90?in 1?increments
- Percent grade scale with 5% increments
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Declination adjustable to +/-180?/li>
- Short and long sights for accurate measurements
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Cast aluminum body makes the Conventional Pocket Transit nearly indestructible
- Compatible with ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.1" x 2.8" x 1.3"
- Weight: 6.8 oz
No matter wherever, whenever or however you use a Brunton Product, if you break it, we'll fix or replace it. So treat every product like it's indestructible because, as far as YOU are concerned, it is.
At Brunton, our passion for the outdoors is carried over into our daily tasks and is easily recognized through the innovative and professional grade products we bring to the market. We offer an opportunity to work with a diverse and creative team who appreciate the outdoor culture.
WHAT MATTERED THEN, MATTERS NOW.
In 1894, D.W. Brunton created the Pocket Transit: a compact, precision compass that freed outdoorsmen from the bulky equipment of the time, and set the course we still follow: never accept, never settle. Our home and headquarters in Riverton, Wyoming, at the foot of the Wind River range, is both inspiration and proving ground for products created to that creed, made for those who overcome and achieve. The drive to excel changed everything back in 1894; it matters more today.