Brunton Geo Pocket Transit - Quadrant (0-90)
The Geo Pocket Transit Compass, incorporates feedback from professionals to make this the ultimate compass. The solid aluminum, water-resistant Geo Transit contains a fast, magnetic north seeking, rare-earth magnet, balanced on a sapphire jewel bearing for quick measurements. The most noticeable feature is the hinge inclinometer, accurate to +/- 2? This feature allows simultaneous dip and dip direction measurements, reducing the number of measurements required in the field. An innovative needle design can be locked or unlocked.
Brunton is committed to making the most reliable and accurate navigation instruments on the planet. As durable precision instruments that undergo constant and often rigorous use in the field, in order to maintain their accuracy and integrity, they simply need to be fixed up from time to time; just as you would tune your car or bike. Brunton offers full repair and refurbishment facilities for most models. We appreciate your kind understanding.
- Adjustable needle locking mechanism
- Hinge clinometer with 1?increments for 1/2?readable dip measurements
- Two long-level bubbles on the outside of the aluminum housing for no guess leveling from the sides or the bottom
- Cover hinge assembly designed for increased durability
- Buck Horn style sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Single NdFeB magnet resists demagnetization better than any other type of magnet
- Percent grade scale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustment allows for east or west declination settings to +/- 180?/li>
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient see-through sighting capability
- Aluminum billet body assembly makes the GEO nearly indestructible
- 6061-T6 hard anodized aluminum body for permanent color and scratch resistance
- Ball & socket tripod mount is centered for increased accuracy of rotation
- O-rings make the GEO water-resistant for increased reliability
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.8'' x 2.8'' x 1.3''
- Weight: 12.8 oz
- Azimuth accuracy +/- 1/2?with 1?graduations
- Vertical angle accuracy +/- 1/2?with 1?graduations and 10 minute vernier
- Vertical angle measurements to +/- 90?or 100% grade
No matter wherever, whenever or however you use a Brunton Product, if you break it, we'll fix or replace it. So treat every product like it's indestructible because, as far as YOU are concerned, it is.
At Brunton, our passion for the outdoors is carried over into our daily tasks and is easily recognized through the innovative and professional grade products we bring to the market. We offer an opportunity to work with a diverse and creative team who appreciate the outdoor culture.
WHAT MATTERED THEN, MATTERS NOW.
In 1894, D.W. Brunton created the Pocket Transit: a compact, precision compass that freed outdoorsmen from the bulky equipment of the time, and set the course we still follow: never accept, never settle. Our home and headquarters in Riverton, Wyoming, at the foot of the Wind River range, is both inspiration and proving ground for products created to that creed, made for those who overcome and achieve. The drive to excel changed everything back in 1894; it matters more today.