Brunton International Pocket Transit - Azimuth (0-360)
The design for the International Pocket Transit Compass effectively reduces needle dip when professionals travel to different hemispheres. (Call us for the special balancing required for absolute precision in distant areas.) Powerful Alnico V magnets are mounted to a polished, cupped sapphire jewel bearing, allowing for smooth needle movement.
Brunton is committed to making the most reliable and accurate navigation instruments on the planet. As durable precision instruments that undergo constant and often rigorous use in the field, in order to maintain their accuracy and integrity, they simply need to be fixed up from time to time; just as you would tune your car or bike. Brunton offers full repair and refurbishment facilities for most models. We appreciate your kind understanding.
- Alnico V magnets for quick magnetic north needle alignment
- Vertical angle measurements to +/-90?or 100% grade
- A percent grade scale with increments of 5%
- Induction dampened needle for quick, accurate readings
- Sapphire jewel bearing allows for smooth needle movement
- Magnetic declination adjustment allows for east or west declination settings to +/-180?/li>
- Short and long sights for increased accuracy when sighting azimuth or vertical angles
- Precision aligned mirror with convenient "see-through" sighting capability
- Cast aluminum body makes the International Pocket Transit nearly indestructible
- Ball & socket tripod mount for increased accuracy
- Leather case included
- Overall dimensions: 3.1'' x 2.8'' x 1.3''
- Weight: 6.8 oz
No matter wherever, whenever or however you use a Brunton Product, if you break it, we'll fix or replace it. So treat every product like it's indestructible because, as far as YOU are concerned, it is.
At Brunton, our passion for the outdoors is carried over into our daily tasks and is easily recognized through the innovative and professional grade products we bring to the market. We offer an opportunity to work with a diverse and creative team who appreciate the outdoor culture.
WHAT MATTERED THEN, MATTERS NOW.
In 1894, D.W. Brunton created the Pocket Transit: a compact, precision compass that freed outdoorsmen from the bulky equipment of the time, and set the course we still follow: never accept, never settle. Our home and headquarters in Riverton, Wyoming, at the foot of the Wind River range, is both inspiration and proving ground for products created to that creed, made for those who overcome and achieve. The drive to excel changed everything back in 1894; it matters more today.